buy modafinil vietnam Security Vulnerabilities in Our Business Today!
How to Deal with Cybersecurity challenge in our business today has allways been the question for many leading Businesses out there. Hopefully in this short article you find some of the answers, lets dive into it…
First of all, A vulnerability is an exploitable weaknesses in an Organization (system) or its strategy (design). Vulnerabilities can very much be found in the following:
- Operating systems.
- System designs and
Vulnerabilities overflow, with more discovered every day.
Data breach is always happening within our businesses, is matter of when but not if as some professionals point out that, they are two types of companies, one that have been hacked and one that will be hacked, although that sound scary, but following some simple security measure will ensure your business stay on the better side for long, as hackers are just waiting for a minor laps in your business security to launch an attack.
While in the above list Vulnerabilities in Human comes last, but we will be discussing the few weaknesses found in human which might be laziness to adhere to the security policy of the organization or simply on aware of security issues related to those practices.
Below we look at how to overcome those human shortcomings in order to secure IT infrastructure in our businesses.
- her response Secure Office Printers And Secure Your Documents.
printers are not what they used to be as to just print documents and that’s it, it has perform its task, that’s is not the case with the modern printers which are smart and intelligent somehow like employees computer, if that is the case then security measure must be taken inconsideration of the printers on the company’s network, They’re sophisticated network computers, which means they deserve the same levels of security attention and protection as servers and employee workstations.
As several recent incidents have proven fact that modern printers are more than just paper pushers, we won’t go to that but feel free to Google that out www.google.com.
To secure your office printers, start by doing the following:
- Implementing firewalls and using strong passwords.
- Updates to cover new security risks, when manufacturers push updates endeavored to download them as quickly as possible.
- Stay current with industry best practices, and
- Ensure your printers are included in your organization’s security policy and procedures.
And as a final critical suggestion,
- Deploy secure pull-printing technology: This allows employees to submit their print jobs to a printer and use their authentication method (access cards or login credentials) to release their documents from any printer on the network. This simple process prevents unauthorized access to sensitive documents and provides the added benefit of reducing waste and resource costs.
- Secure Employee Devices. BYOD (bring your own device).
The flavored of employees bringing their own devices to work, or use their personal devices to access or connect to the Company’s network is vast, as the claim will go as to say, it allows ease of access like remote working flexibility, efficiency etc. but bringing the security risk that involve in that practices closely, you will found out that, is somewhat enormous which shouldn’t be overlooked at all. Although the BYOD trend is still going strong, the number of remote workers has grown over the years as companies small and large size let employees use their personal smartphones for work. When everyone is operating or using a unique device to connect to the company network, the security risk multiply. One hacked personal account or device can lead attackers into other accounts, which might store sensitive company information. Another issues or problem to consider when adopting the BYOD is added risk of offsite theft; If a smartphone is stolen, the thief could obtain your intellectual, business property or financial information and publish or try to sell it.
Thus a problem, the question will be then how can this be stopped or at least reduce the impact.
The following are some measure to take into consideration.
- Firewall-as-a-service offerings. These cloud services work from anywhere, freeing employees to use their smartphones while reducing risk and giving employers peace of mind. The technology prevents thieves from accessing protected data and gives companies greater control of their networks.
- Beware of social engineering.
Social engineering is another skills set that hackers have within their toolset, this set of hackers use social media site among other tools to gather information relating to home and or office address, position or role in their company, friends or circle etc. of their target, after acquiring the data they tend to act as victims so employees willingly reveal sensitive information as regard to their place of work.
Visit www.google.com to find examples of companies that were victims of social engineering.
To reduce this problem employees should be
- Sensitive about meeting new people. Don’t expose or reveal too much of information about yourself in the first meeting, because there are some people who don’t mind sharing a lot on their first meet up, but you want to stop that habit immediately as hackers don’t underestimate piece of data in order to get to you.
- Social media platform has become a place for some people to share a lot about them self, family, working place and or position, Some don’t really know the impact of this, but to your knowledge Hackers use those platform for gathering data on their target so you may want to think twice when using social media platform.
- Strong Passwords.
Passwords is another means of authenticating user which is meant to be in the possession of that particular user, however setting it up and or using it is a challenge to most users, some make us of regular dictionary word or simple numbers that can be easily guess by tools available to hackers or even human guess, some share it with their friends and or families which is a violation of its use as mentioned earlier.
The solution is to
- Use Strong Password: A mixture of letters, numbers and or special characters, not too short and not too long to remember. 8 or 10 character should be fine. Example abcd1234%.
- Keep Your Password Personal: avoid sharing your password with any one not even your best friend(s).
There you have it, adhere strictly to the above practices and you should be OK for the most part!
For more content like this one.
Thanks for reading this and we shall see in the next one…